Notes on the WIN32 port of Henry Spencer REGEX
an description of regular expressions and
why this port was done.
(187k a self-extracting
archive) to obtain sources, project makefile,
precompiled binaries and test program with data.
At runtime of your programs the only required
file is hs_regex.dll.
- The sources were obtained from the C runtime
library section of the FreeBSD.
- nroff -man | col -bx was run under unix to
convert the manual pages to doc files.
- A regex_test.c main program was written.
- The microsoft developer studio project was
created with test_hs_regex console mode
application as the main project, and
hs_regex dynamic link library as subproject.
Build settings adjusted so that both main
and subproject outputs go to the same directory.
The test_hs_regex.exe project source is regex_test.c.
The hs_regex.dll project sources are
regexec.c, regcomp.c, regfree.c, regerror.c and
- Slight modification to source files,
limited to changing <regex.h> to "regex.h"
and adding a definition to utils.h, and inserting
the __stdcall declaration so that other windows programs
have a chance of invoking the dll.
- About a dozen compiler warning are ingored.
This file is © Copyright 1997 by
George J. Carrette.